libftdi Archives

Subject: Problem with writing a larger amount of data

From: Frank Storm <Frank.Storm@xxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:42:18 +0200
Hi,

I'm currently using the MPSSE mode to control a FT2232D to program an
Altera FPGA. Basically this seems to work, which means I can already
read out the device ID of the FPGA. However when I start to write a
large amount of data (1037 bytes in this case) with ftdi_write_data I
get the error return code -110. ftdi_get_error_string reports "usb bulk
write failed" and from usb_strerror I get the error message "could not
detach kernel driver from interface 0: No data available". Any idea what
is going wrong? I have already increased the write timeout value but
this did not help. I'm using libftdi-0.16.

Best regards,
Frank