libftdi Archives

Subject: libftdi and posix_openpt

From: Chunky Kibbles <chunky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 01:45:31 -0400
Heya,

I've written a small tool to work with posix_openpt and libftdi; the
intention is to get the machine to pretend that it has a "real" USB serial
tty connected, for anyone that needs it [specifically in this case, the
SheevaPlug comes with a kernel that doesn't have any modules available,
and re-flashing it with a new kernel is a relative pain].

I open the pty it announces with minicom -p <what ftdipty said>

I'm using an OBDPro device to connect to an OBDII car. The problem is
that it appears that nothing gets sent to the device until I hit enter
twice [instead of just once, as expected], and then two enters get send
and it responds as if I'd sent two.

I don't really have any idea what might be going wrong here, please
could anyone point me in the right direction? The code [only 83 lines]
is here:
http://icculus.org/obdgpslogger/ftdipty.c

Alternatively, of course, if there's any other software out there that
does the same thing, I would greatly appreciate a URL. I didn't come
across anything useful while searching.

Thank-you very much,
Gary (-;