libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: ftdipp

From: Marek Vavruša <marek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 12:09:10 +0200
On Friday 10 of April 2009 15:49:43 Leahy, Chris M. (Xetron) wrote:
> Having the ftdi_usb_open_dev() after ftdi_usb_get_strings() makes more
> sense.
> The usb_dev should be open after Context::open finishes in that case. Do
> you
> need to call ftdi_usb_get_strings() in Context::open?
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

just to let you know, I have finally made some free time and sent
two patches for review. Example test passes, so it seems figured out, thanks!

I have proposed ftdipp as a bit higher-level API, so populating description
strings automatically at no significant cost seems fine to me,
do you have any specific use case?

Marek