libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: ftdipp

From: "Richard A. Smith" <richard@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 12:54:52 -0400
Leahy, Chris M. (Xetron) wrote:

The code isn't available, though I can send you parts. It doesn't
do a lot. I'm using libftdi to read from a temperature chip and set a
few
bits, nothing complicated.

Chris

It seems to me that there are several people doing various odd and ends with these chips. I suspect now that the high-speed versions are available that more of this will start to happen.

Seems like some additional support directly in the library would help.

Is there any interest in adding some higher level functions into the library for support of running the chips in SPI mode? If so what do we think that would look like?

--
Richard Smith  <richard@xxxxxxxxxx>
One Laptop Per Child