libftdi Archives

Subject: ftdipp

From: "Leahy, Chris M. (Xetron)" <Chris.Leahy@xxxxxxx>
To: <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 11:48:47 -0500
Hi,

I've been working on a project that uses libftdi. Recently I decided to
try the ftdipp bindings and I had a few questions about them.

In Context::open(int vendor, ...) ftdi_usb_open or ftdi_usb_open_desc is
called, then ftdi_usb_open_dev is called. ftdi_usb_open_dev is called by
both ftdi_usb_open and ftdi_usb_open_desc so is there any reason to call
it twice?

In both versions of Context::open, get_strings is called after the
device is opened. This seems to be a bug as the documentation for
ftdi_usb_get_strings says that ftdi_usb_get_strings should only be used
with ftdi_usb_find_all because it closes the internal "usb_dev" after
use.

Thanks,
Chris