libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: ft4233hpq support (was: f4233hpq patches)

From: benjamin maddocks <bm16ton@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:49:21 -0400
Ha! Been down the bad email thing before its terrible, but still super glad for the response. Ill hafta look but i dont think i uploaded or even saved the code in the end but ill double check and hope for the best. Hopefully by end of day today ill know. Thank you good sir hopefully ill have good news

On Tue, 30 Aug 2022, 11:56 am Thomas Jarosch, <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Benjamin,

You wrote on Sat, May 14, 2022 at 12:57:29PM -0400:
>        First I wanna say thank you for all the great work all of you have
> done, opensource contributors are my celebrities thank you! So this is my
> first mailing list not sure of proper etiquette and also I wasnt sure about
> the following parts involving the eeprom. The ft4233hpq has a bunch more
> eeprom settings then the 4232h so im worried about that. Unlike other ft
> mpsse chips i have the datasheet specifies 93LC66 where the others usually
> give a range of supprtd chips (maybe that info is helpful?) So I wanted to
> use my 4233hpq in pulseview and these where needed to make that happen. Im
> of course always open to testing anything on my 4233hpq eval board if that
> helps.
>
> I tried googling submitting patches to libftdi so I could do this the
> correct respectable way but was unable to find anything. So please forgive
> me if any of the format is rude. I havent really submitted patches anywhere
> before.

thank you for your first time patch contribution!

>From a first superficial look it seems ok. Unfortunately
the mail client somehow messed with the patch.

Do you have a git repo somewhere I could cherry-pick the commit from?

We should probably extend ftdi_eeprom with support
for this new chip, but that can be an own patch.

Actually there's a whole range of new chips, we'll probably add them
one by one once the need arises by someone.