libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: ft4233hpq support (was: f4233hpq patches)

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: benjamin maddocks <bm16ton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 17:56:04 +0200
Hi Benjamin,

You wrote on Sat, May 14, 2022 at 12:57:29PM -0400:
>        First I wanna say thank you for all the great work all of you have
> done, opensource contributors are my celebrities thank you! So this is my
> first mailing list not sure of proper etiquette and also I wasnt sure about
> the following parts involving the eeprom. The ft4233hpq has a bunch more
> eeprom settings then the 4232h so im worried about that. Unlike other ft
> mpsse chips i have the datasheet specifies 93LC66 where the others usually
> give a range of supprtd chips (maybe that info is helpful?) So I wanted to
> use my 4233hpq in pulseview and these where needed to make that happen. Im
> of course always open to testing anything on my 4233hpq eval board if that
> helps.
>
> I tried googling submitting patches to libftdi so I could do this the
> correct respectable way but was unable to find anything. So please forgive
> me if any of the format is rude. I havent really submitted patches anywhere
> before.

thank you for your first time patch contribution!

>From a first superficial look it seems ok. Unfortunately
the mail client somehow messed with the patch.

Do you have a git repo somewhere I could cherry-pick the commit from?

We should probably extend ftdi_eeprom with support
for this new chip, but that can be an own patch.

Actually there's a whole range of new chips, we'll probably add them
one by one once the need arises by someone.