libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Built libftid ok. How is libftdi-dev built?

From: "Eric L. Schott" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graeme Parry <Graeme.Parry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 10:55:37 -0400
On 9/1/20 12:16 PM, Graeme Parry wrote:

I'm trying to build 3rd party software that has a dependency on libftdi-dev.

The instructions indicate that libftdi-dev can be installed using apt. That works fine but unfortunately I'm cross compiling and need to build libftdi-dev.

I've followed the instructions for building libftdi (successfully built and installed on the host machine):
[  9%] Built target ftdi1-static
[ 18%] Built target ftdi1
[ 25%] Built target ftdi_eeprom
[ 31%] Built target bitbang_ft2232
[ 37%] Built target bitbang2
[ 43%] Built target simple
[ 50%] Built target serial_test
[ 56%] Built target bitbang_cbus
[ 62%] Built target bitbang
[ 68%] Built target baud_test
[ 75%] Built target stream_test
[ 81%] Built target eeprom
[ 87%] Built target find_all
[ 93%] Built target purge_test
[100%] Built target async

I can see that, as expected. libftdi-dev is not created. Not as expected is that there is no reference in the build files for libftdi-dev. So I can't see how libftdi-dev is generated.
The output of the build lists the targets being built. Libftdi-dev is a package. Packages consist of select source files and/or target files. The package libftdi contains files from the target ftdi1, possibly the target ftdi1-static, and certainly files like COPYRIGHT, etc. The package libftdi-dev is a side product of building the libftdi package. You need to use your distribution's package building tools to accomplish.

What is your build host distribution and your target distribution and architecture?

Does anyone know how to generate libftdi-dev, or where to get the source from?