libftdi Archives

Subject: Built libftid ok. How is libftdi-dev built?

From: Graeme Parry <Graeme.Parry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 16:16:22 +0000
Hi,

I'm trying to build 3rd party software that has a dependency on libftdi-dev.

The instructions indicate that libftdi-dev can be installed using apt. That works fine but unfortunately I'm cross compiling and need to build libftdi-dev.

I've followed the instructions for building libftdi (successfully built and installed on the host machine):
[  9%] Built target ftdi1-static
[ 18%] Built target ftdi1
[ 25%] Built target ftdi_eeprom
[ 31%] Built target bitbang_ft2232
[ 37%] Built target bitbang2
[ 43%] Built target simple
[ 50%] Built target serial_test
[ 56%] Built target bitbang_cbus
[ 62%] Built target bitbang
[ 68%] Built target baud_test
[ 75%] Built target stream_test
[ 81%] Built target eeprom
[ 87%] Built target find_all
[ 93%] Built target purge_test
[100%] Built target async

I can see that, as expected. libftdi-dev is not created. Not as expected is that there is no reference in the build files for libftdi-dev. So I can't see how libftdi-dev is generated.

Does anyone know how to generate libftdi-dev, or where to get the source from?

Thanks,

Graeme Parry

Software Engineer

Nomad Digital Limited

5th Floor, One Trinity

Broad Chare

Newcastle Upon Tyne

NE1 2HF. UK.

T: +44 (0) 207 096 6966 Ext. XXXX

Registered Company Address:

5th Floor, One Trinity, Broad Chare,

Newcastle upon Tyne.   NE1 2HF.  UK.

Company Registration no: 4536010

   nomad-digital.com

 Consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?

Nomad Digital Limited is a limited liability company, registered in England & Wales with registered number 4536010 and VAT registration number GB927 1023 49. Our Head Office is located at 5th Floor, One Trinity, Broad Chare, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 2HF.

Confidentiality notice: This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please return it immediately, and immediately and permanently delete it. Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment. The sender accepts no liability for unauthorised use of this message by an unauthorised recipient.