libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: Re: read problem

From: "Rob Coker" <rcoker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 07:42:40 -0500
Now that I understand the library dependencies and have fixed my code
accordingly, I'm still not getting read data.  Libftdi is stripping the
modem status bytes, so I don't get those either.  I'm pretty sure of my
physical layer because I've used other devices and am able to get the serial
number and related info using libusb or lsusb -v.  Open works and transmit
seems to (get correct number of bytes written back).  The read call is
returning immediately with no data, even though it looks like libftdi is
telling libusb to use a 5000 msec wait time.

On windows using the proprietary ftd2xx.lib, the device works.  Do you know
what the baud rate (and other settings) are for that?  In other words, if I
were trying to mimic the ftd2xx lib, what baud rate and other settings
should I use.  I noticed the default in the open by device call was 9600
baud.  That's way slower than the data is coming across on the Windows side
since I'm receiving 260 kilobits every second and the link is not fully
utilized. Also, I'm assuming that ftd2xx.lib is not operating in bit-bang
mode in that case.  Is that a reasonable assumption?

Thanks,
Rob