libftdi Archives

Subject: Need information on libftdi installation

From: William Kolment <kolment2003@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: William Kolment <kolment2003@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 15:51:32 -0500
Hi guys,

I am a hardware  test  engineer (working  for  IntroSpect Technology) and  we would like  to make  use  of  libftdi library to implement a  svf player that  would upload  firmware  onto a  fpga product.

Can you give out some information on how to install besides saying "build" and 'install"

steps like,

1-download
2-unpack
3-copy paste  to certain directory
4-maybe information on the compiler  to use (im trying to use cygwin and what packages is this build  dependent  on)

5- where  to  put the  libftdi.a this  is  supposed  to be generated

My  code  uses <ftdi.h> (not "ftdi.h") meaning that it is supposed to be  a  installed  system resource and not a local resource.

I am an electrical engineer and  I am not familiar  with the many software tools that this library needs to get running. But  it would be nice to get this thing working.

i found  some people  installing  it  for  OpenOCD but the  final make compilation is not generating the ftdi.a file

Regards,