libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Need information on libftdi installation

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Forest Crossman <cyrozap@xxxxxxxxx>, William Kolment <kolment2003@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 12:14:44 +0100

    Paul> On Fri, Mar 06, 2015 at 08:53:51PM -0500, Forest Crossman wrote:
    >> On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 4:01 PM, Paul Fertser <fercerpav@xxxxxxxxx>
    >> wrote: > Just for the reference, OpenOCD already has an SVF player
    >> and can use > any common FTDI-based JTAG adapter for that. Many
    >> people are uploading > bitstreams to CPLDs and FPGAs this way.
    >>
    >> There's also UrJTAG (http://urjtag.org/), which has more extensive
    >> FPGA and CPLD support than OpenOCD.

    Paul> Are you sure? Last time I checked, UrJTAG's SVF parser didn't
    Paul> support some features (IIRC, prefixes and suffixes). They have
    Paul> BSDL parser integrated which OpenOCD lacks, but do you really need
    Paul> that often (or ever)?

For Xilinx and some Amel AVR parts, there is also xc3sprog
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xc3sprog/?source=directory
Xc3sprog can program bit- and similar files directly to xilinx devices. It
works with FTDI and some other dongles.

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx