libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: windows 7 Python modules

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 14:02:30 +0800
On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 5:12 PM, xantares 09 <xantares09@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I see. It should work. I think you can try the 32bit Python first with
>> MinGW.org or MinGW-w64 32bit toolchain to see if that works.
>> 32bit Python 2.7 has an import library named libpython27.a for MinGW.
>>
>> Forget about 64bit Python 2.7 for a while, there Python did not
>> provide the import library for MinGW and there is more trouble
>> there.
>> Ref: http://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/mailman/message/30503023/
>
> no, you can rebuild the import lib with mingw-tools, i successfully built
> win64 python bindings for another project that uses swig.

Actually I used gendef to rebuild the import lib for MinGW-w64 and
still I encountered issues similar to the OP. In the end, asking
in MinGW-w64 group helped me to sorted out the issue ( -DMS_WIN64).
It is documented in the mailing list archive of MinGW-w64.
   http://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/mailman/message/30503023/

I am not an expert in Python. Maybe you can help the OP more
by giving him some examples.

--
Xiaofan