libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi 1.1 release candidate (rc1)

From: Paul Fertser <fercerpav@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 16:48:28 +0400
On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 08:33:29PM +0800, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> I hear that MinGW-w64 has better C99 compliance than MinGW.org.

MinGW doesn't aim at C99 compliance at all, it's in their official
FAQ, they just provide support for the official MS CRT, and MS is not
interested in C99. MinGW-w64 is actively trying to comply to C99 and
if something particular is missing, they will probably fix it if
somebody reports.

> MinGW-w64 offers both 32 and 64bit toolchain and it seems to me most
> of the Linux distros now switch to MinGW-w64. Therefore I guess this
> is less an issue now.

Yes, indeed, all major distros have switched to -w64 now. For native
usage, however, -w64 lacks MSYS, but it can be installed separately.

mailto:fercerpav@xxxxxxxxx