libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi 1.1 release candidate (rc1)

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 10:36:30 +0800
On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 10:39 PM, Matthias Janke
<matthias.janke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Xiaofan,
>
> seems like the example programs use C99 format specifiers so compiling with
> --std=c99 should fix these warnings. According to stackoverflow
> (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4089174/printf-and-long-double) it seems
> that
> windows maps long double onto a double, so maybe one should include the fix
> proposed by Jason Huntley.

Adding -std=c99 and -D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO does not really help.
But I think I understand the problem now. MinGW and MinGW-w64 use
Microsoft's C runtime which seems to have problems.

So I think probably we can ignore the warnings for the 1.1 release.

--
Xiaofan