libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: How to install libftdi under Win7

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 20:12:55 +0800
On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Robert Schilling <Fun_Extra_300@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I got the newest binary release for Windows from:
> http://code.google.com/p/picusb/downloads/list,
> libftdi1-1.0_devkit_mingw32.zip
>
> For my environment I'm using python. The question is how to install
> libftdi properly outgoing from the binary package above for using
> with python?

Normally you need to copy libftdi1.dll and libusb-1.0.dll to either
the 32bit Python directory or the system wide Windows\System32
(for 32bit Windows) or Windows\SysWow64 (for 64bit Windows)
directory. And then you copy the Python binding to the Python
Lib\site-packages.

I have not tested the Python bindings myself. Please let me
know if it works for you or not.

If it works, I can build 64bit Python bindings as well.

--
Xiaofan