libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: LibFTDIConfig.cmake support

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:36:40 +0100
Hi,

On Wednesday, 23. January 2013 10:33:07 xantares 09 wrote:
> What happened is that I updated my box from fc17 to 18 during that time.
>
> So, here is a patch to install into lib64 dir under rpm distros:
> https://github.com/xantares/libftdi/commit/c250f51d9a250c5be56c5a85512c621
> 51953a726

perfect, applied!

One more thing: libftdi 1.0 uses the name "libftdi1"
for the header files, library name, pkgconfig stuff etc.

Shouldn't we use that too for the cmake directory
so it would also be:

    find_package ( LibFTDI1 NO_MODULE REQUIRED )

IMHO that's more consistent and future-proof if
we ever need to do a libftdi2 :)

I know there was no libftdi support for cmake before,
it's just more consistent with "libftdi1".