libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: LibFTDIConfig.cmake support

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 07:09:42 +0800
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 3:41 AM, Thomas Jarosch
<thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/21/2013 03:51 PM, xantares 09 wrote:
>> I added a LibFTDIConfig.cmake file which allows to detect libftdi from
>> another cmake project (an example is included):
>> https://github.com/xantares/libftdi/commit/db0517ed6b687956e0ec4e1247521bd26271c987
>
> hmm, I still don't get the advantage compared to pkgconfig.
>
> Or will it help f.e. building on Windows?
> I don't think it's possible without mingw, is it?

I am not so sure if it will help building under Windows.
Under Windows and MinGW, usually we need to
specify the location of libusb/libftdi etc anyway without
pkg-config. Or we can use something like pkg-config-lite.
( http://sourceforge.net/projects/pkgconfiglite/ )

On the other hand, adding the LibFTDIConfig.cmake
does not hurt either since it might be useful in
other cases.

--
Xiaofan