libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi-0.20 and libusb-compat-0.1

From: Daryl Lee <daryl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 10:30:20 -0600
On Jun 30, 2012, at 1:42 AM, Thomas Jarosch wrote:

> Hi Daryl,
>
> On 06/29/2012 09:29 PM, Daryl Lee wrote:
>> I figured out how to build libftdi-0.20, but now I remember I need
>> async mode enabled.  I tried the "./configure --with-async-mode" approach but
>> that failed with a message about incompatibility with libusb-compat-0.1.  So
>> now I have several related questions:
>
> Since the Raspberry Pi seems to come with libusb-compat,
> it already features libusb 1.x :)
>
> Any reason not to use libftdi 1.x from git HEAD?

I guess I don't know; I thought 0.20 was the latest version available, based on
the web view (http://developer.intra2net.com/git/?p=libftdi).
I just now cloned the repository successfully (yesterday I got an unexpected
"hang up", perhaps from a type on my part).  I'll give it a go on Monday.

Thanks for the suggestion.

> Thomas
>
> --
> libftdi - see http://www.intra2net.com/en/developer/libftdi for details.

Daryl Lee
Life is where you get your answers questioned.