libftdi Archives

Subject: libftdi-0.20 and libusb-compat-0.1

From: Daryl Lee <daryl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Libftdi List <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:29:47 -0600
I figured out how to build libftdi-0.20, but now I remember I need
async mode enabled.  I tried the "./configure --with-async-mode" approach but
that failed with a message about incompatibility with libusb-compat-0.1.  So
now I have several related questions:

1.  Is async mode available in 0.20?  It's listed as "experimental".

2.  How do I enable it in the CMakeLists.txt method of building the library?

3.  Will the "./configure --with-async-mode" method work?

4.  How do I get rid of libusb-compat-0.1 or otherwise eliminate the
conflict?

I'm doing all this on a Raspberry Pi with Debian Squeeze installed.  The
worst case scenario (to get rid of libusb-compat-0.1) is to reflash the SIM
card and start from scratch, which I would much rather not do.
--
Daryl Lee
Life is where you get your answers questioned.