libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: ftdi_read_data returns immediately without waiting for timeout and with no data

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 21:55:35 +0800
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Thomas Heller <theller@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 18.06.2012 21:31, schrieb mxb7642:
>
>> Hmmmm.... I implemented the patch and am still having issues. I used the
>> clock function from time.h instead of GetTickCount. Now I am getting the
>> error -127 instead. I am sure my device is sending data as I have tested
>> it
>> on Windows using FTDI's FTD2XX library.
>

> Yes, there's still a bug in the patch.  I'm working on a new patch,
> but don't hold your breath.
>
> Again the question:  Are we two the only users of libftdi who need this
> functionality?

Just wondering if you are using libftdi-1.0 or libftdi-0.x?

If you are using libftdi-1.0, I am thinking one fo the solution
is to modify the sync API ftdi_read_data() to be based on
the async API ftdi_read_data_submit() and
ftdi_transfer_data_done().

Similarly, the sync API ftdi_write_data() to be based on
the async API ftdi_write_data_submit() and
ftdi_transfer_data_done().

In that case, the two sync API can add a timeout
parameter.

The idea is from libusb-1.0's sync API which is on
top of the sync API.
http://libusbx.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=libusbx/libusbx;a=blob;f=libusb/sync.c;hb=HEAD

Does this make any sense?

--