libftdi Archives

Subject: USB Libraries for FT2232H

From: John Battle <jobattle@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 14:00:28 -0700
Help!!!

I am trying to use libftdi 1.0 and I have a few questions:

1. How do I determing which versions of libftid and libusb are currently installed.
2. Can I have more than one version installed at a time?
3. What version do I actually need to do the following:
    - Read high speed data from a FT2232H mini module
    - Write high speed data to same
4. If I need ver 1.0, what is the easiest way to install it?
5. What is the easiest way to tell if it is working, i.e. can I configure the FT2232H electrically such that when I send a block of data to it, it will begin clocking out data that I can see on a scope? 6. What is the preferred way to get the high speed data out of the FT2232H? SPI? Parallel?

Thanks

John Battle (USB Sub-novice)