libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: LibFTDI send problem

From: Tim Schneider <schneid5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 22:56:55 +0100
Hey,

thank you for your hints.

I used libftdi 0.x so far but also tried version 1.x today. Unfortunately with
no success. It's the same problem with both versions.

Since the board I'm using is custom made, it might not even be the libraries
fault but there might be a problem with the board.

Interestingly I did find a workaround that seems to always work:
I am now sending my command byte per byte and always pausing for a second in
between each write.
So far I was successful with this workaround even though it's really not a
pretty solution :( Could it have something todo with the (low) baudrate of only
9600 of the chip?

Since I am only sending the command once (on startup) I think I can live with
the solution I found, still if you have any more hints, I'd be glad to find a
better solution.

Thank you

Tim