libftdi Archives

Subject: LibFTDI read problem

From: Daniel Scholz <ds1982@xxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 21:49:35 +0000 (GMT)
Hey Guys,

i have problems with my FT2232 with Linux.
I'm trying to get my old Windows (here everything is OK) code working.
Simplest thing which doesn't work is setting the device in MPSSE mode, sending a GET_BITS_LOW (0x81) and Read one byte.
With Windows (and original ftdi d2xx driver) i get one byte back with actual Pinstate. With Linux and libftdi readfunction always returns number of read bytes zero.
Setting I/O pins with write command (0x80) works without any problem.

Same with sending/receiving data with loopback (0x84) activated or connecting any real device via spi or i2c.

Any hints?
Daniel Scholz