libftdi Archives

Subject: LibFTDI send problem

From: Tim Schneider <schneid5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:16:34 +0100
Hey,

I have a problem with my ftdi device using libftdi:

My device periodically sends sensor data across the usb interface once it received the start command, which is just the word "start" send in ascii letters to the device.
Unfortunately the sending of the start command somehow fails. If I enter the command and send it using ftdi_write_data, the device simply does nothing. If I do the same using the ftdi_sio kernel driver and the screen programm it is no problem. Now the odd part: If I send the command letter by letter (e.g. "s" return "t" return ... and so on) and add another return at the end, the command is accepted (at least most of the times). I do however have to wait a short time inbetween each letter....
If I start the sending of the sensor data via the screen program and then connect using libftdi, the sensor data is read correctly, so not everything can be broken ;)

I have already played around with the different ftdi_set_line_property2 options which didn't help.

I a greateful for any hints you can give me on the matter.

Thanks in advance

Tim