libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: New libftdi version soon?

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:31:16 +0100

    Thomas> Hi Jason, On Wednesday, 14. March 2012 22:10:18 Jason Hecker
    Thomas> wrote:
    >> Will there be a new version of libftdi (0.20?) soon?  It'd be nice to
    >> propagate support for the 232H part (PID 6014) without needing to
    >> build libraries from the git tree.

    Thomas> Hmm, I'd rather avoid another 0.x release. Since the 1.x release
    Thomas> didn't happen yet and the last 0.x release is almost a year old,
    Thomas> I'd say we can do it :) I'll have time for this very soonish.
    Thomas> If it didn't happen till the end of next week, ping me again.

    Thomas> Looking at the git history, the 232H support is in fact the only
    Thomas> major new "feature" in 0.x.

    Thomas> Anything else that should be in there? Any outstanding patches?

The FT-X family is new now. Support in the kernel is on the way. As I
learned today, the special functions are reached by simply writing to the
device, so either perhaps the kernel driver is enough or the libftdi uart
functionality. However as FT-X has a new PID, some work in libftdi needs to
be done.

--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx