libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: How to retrieve rx/tx queue status?

From: Rogier Wolff <R.E.Wolff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: emiliano paterlini <epaterlini84@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 00:23:02 +0100
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 03:37:34PM +0100, Thomas Jarosch wrote:
> Hello Emiliano,
>
> On Friday, 9. March 2012 11:36:58 emiliano paterlini wrote:
> > Hello,I'm trying to wrap almost all functionalities of the D2XX FTDI's
> > closed source library to libftdi.How can I retrieve the status (number
> > of bytes in the queue) of the rx/tx queue using libftdi?I cannot find
> > specific functions to do this in the API....please help!!! Thank you
> > very much!Emiliano Paterlini

> The D2XX library uses threads and collects the data into an internal
> buffer. So if you request the number of bytes in the queue, it hands
> back the number of bytes already read.

> You can of course emulate this behavior using threads, too.

And if you want a sample implementation of this threads-idea, you can
take a look at avrdude's ft245r driver. I think this is only
implemented in the SVN repository and not yet released.

        Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@xxxxxxxxxxxx ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **