libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FTDI clone development

From: Akos Vandra <axos88@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:02:08 +0200
Hi!

Thank you for the warning - I know this might have some legal issues
attached, which I will look into before starting the implementation.
However I find it very unlikely that it would be illegal to implement
a protocol which is compatible with another. If that would be the
case, libftdi itself would be troubled too.

I don't intend to use the FTDI chips' VID/PID, and I don't intend to
sell these units for a profit either.
I am sorry if I offended anyone, I thought that a cheaper alternative
would be welcomed by all.

Regards,
  Ákos Vandra