libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: only two of four SPI modes supported by FT4232H??

From: Stany MARCEL <stanypub@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 13:57:05 +0200
Hi,

I can activate the four modes on a FT4232H, but there is some strange
clock inversions at each bytes for cpol=0, cpha=1 and cpol=1, cpha=0
modes.

You can look at the code of my lib on http://code.google.com/p/libftdispi/

Extract from ftdispi.h :

 - CPOL=0 CPHA=0 => Mode 0, W=FE R=RE
 - CPOL=0 CPHA=1 => Mode 1, W=RE R=FE (CLK inverted at each byte for
un unknown reason)
 - CPOL=1 CPHA=0 => Mode 2, W=RE R=FE (CLK inverted at each byte for
un unknown reason)
 - CPOL=1 CPHA=1 => Mode 3, W=FE R=RE

Regards,

Stany