libftdi Archives

Subject: how to set receieve event in libftdi-0.18

From: "Wu, Ruiyu (GE Healthcare)" <RuiyuWu@xxxxxx>
To: <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:10:11 +0800
 dear all

I have a type of  steute foot switch which use the ftdi chip.
The footswitch work flow is like this:
The foot switch  has a usb interface , and connected  with  an embedded system.
when I click the switch, the ftdi chip will send  keycode byte through the usb
interface.

now , I want to write a programe to receive the keycode.
 I hope to set a charater receieve event to notice me the bytes arrived.
I don't want to use the polling way.

Below is a windows version demo which the steute company gave me.
It uses the FTD2XX.dll
 hEvent = CreateEvent(NULL, false, false, NULL);
 EventMask = FT_EVENT_RXCHAR;
 ftStatus = FT_SetEventNotification(ftHandle, EventMask, hEvent);
 WaitForSingleObject(hEvent, 1000);

    FT_GetStatus(ftHandle, &RxBytes, &TxBytes1, &EventDWord);
    if (RxBytes > 0)
    {
        ftStatus = FT_Read(ftHandle, RxBuffer, RxBytes, &BytesRecieved);
     }