libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FT2232H sync fifo mode

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:00:12 +0100

    Thomas> Is it known that the FT2232H sync fifo mode still has this
    Thomas> problem?  Could it be a driver (ftd2xx.dll) problem?  Can it be
    Thomas> that libftdi works better?

We are running at about 15 MByte/sec with libftdi. From the users of the
board I don't have reports about (repeated) single byte missed. In our case
this would mean that data packages no longer align.

What FPGA do you use. How do you achieve the harsh timing requirements of
the FT2232H? I wasn't able to achieve the required 5.5 ns OFFSET with
XC6SLX45-2 and had to relax 0.4 ns :

NET "usb_adbus<*>" OFFSET = OUT 5.94 ns             AFTER  "usb_clk_in";
NET "usb_wr_n"     OFFSET = OUT 5.94 ns             AFTER  "usb_clk_in";
NET "usb_txe_n"    OFFSET = IN  9.5 ns VALID 10.5 ns BEFORE "usb_clk_in";

It also took me some time to get teh state machine right for the case when
the FT signals FIFIO full...

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx