libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Use of ftdi-sio and libftdi on different interfaces of the same instance of FT4232 (and similar)

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:35:29 +0800
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Alexej Moisejew
<alexej.moisejew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have the same problem. I want to use two channels for serial
> communication and one in Bit Bang Mode to set IO Pins.
>
> Was you able to configure ftdi-sio and libftdi to share same USB device?

According to this post, it is possible to use ftdi-sio and libftdi(OpenOCD)
to share the same device.
https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/openocd-development/2010-October/016641.html

The above thread may be interesting as well since it points out
a kernel bug. The patch to reverting the bad patch is already in
Greg KH's queue for 2.6.37 rc.
http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=128777030831156&w=2

If you really have some issues, you can try to comment out the
kernel driver detaching code in libftdi's ftdi.c and use manually driver
unbinding.

--
Xiaofan