libftdi Archives

Subject: Now subscribed from my personal email...

From: John Oyler <john.m.oyler@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:55:05 -0500
About 5 days after finally getting usable drivers for Semtech's USB
radio, my bosses decided to lay me off. I don't think there's any
possibility of being rehired, nor do I believe they're interested in
using that software anyway. So, as a matter of record (which people
googling will be able to find), I'd like to offer linux (userspace)
drivers for the Semtech SX1211-11SKA USB Starter Kit radios described
at http://www.semtech.com/wireless-rf/rf-transceivers/sx1211/ .

I don't have a place to post them to, but I've had this email address
for years now, and will have it for years longer (and I even store the
gold copy of those drivers here as an attachment I've sent to myself).
If you find you have need of these, feel free to email me.

The driver only works in packet mode, but I can offer some expertise,
perhaps enough to add currently missing features.

Thanks to all the great people working on the Flashrom project on
Freenet's #flashrom channel, I appreciated the help. It was
unexpected, polite, and over-tolerant of my extreme dumb-assed-ness.

Thanks again guys, you're all great!

John O.