libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi eeprom-new git branch MinGW 32bit snapshots for testing only

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 19:18:08 +0200

    Xiaofan> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 7:27 AM, Xiaofan Chen
    Xiaofan> <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> Could you post the output of testlibusb-win.exe?
    >>
    >> The recommend way of using the filter is to use the Filter Wizard and
    >> install the device filter to each of your device.
    >>

    Xiaofan> Crap. Sorry for the confusion. libftdi-0.18 is using
    Xiaofan> libusb-win32.  But libftdi-1.0 is using libusb-1.0 Windows
    Xiaofan> backend. Now you have to use WinUSB driver and not FTDI driver.

    Xiaofan> I wrote before.
    >> To be able to run this, you have to switch the stock FTDI driver to
    >> WinUSB driver. You can easily do that with Zadig form libwdi.
    >> http://www.libusb.org/wiki/windows_backend

After installing WinUSB via libwdi for the FT232R and FT2232H parts, I am
able to run examples/eeprom on these devices. However Win32 no longer
provides the VCP interface, so that the final purpose of the programmed
devices, to display information via Hyterterminal or such, is not available.

Is there any time frame for the filter driver?
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx