libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi eeprom-new git branch MinGW 32bit snapshots for testing only

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 12:08:17 +0800
On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://code.google.com/p/picusb/downloads/list
> libftdi-1.0_eeprom_24Sept2010_mingw32.zip
>
> For testing only. It should work under both 32bit and 64bit Windows.
> The header ftdi.h, static and import library, examples are all included.
> It also includes the MinGW 32bit binary snapshots of libusb-1.0
> Windows backend dated 21-Sept-2010 as well.
> http://www.libusb.org/wiki/windows_backend
>
> The build is under MinGW.org 32bit compiler under Windows. Cross-build
> under Linux is probably easier.
> http://libusb.6.n5.nabble.com/Win-libusb-1-0-snapshots-no-longer-work-with-cross-compiling-of-libftdi-1-0-td2262878i20.html#a2473199
>
> To be able to run this, you have to switch the stock FTDI driver to
> WinUSB driver. You can easily do that with Zadig form libwdi.
> http://www.libusb.org/wiki/windows_backend

The MinGW-w64 64bit built is also up for testing.
http://code.google.com/p/picusb/downloads/list
libftdi-1.0_eeprom_24Sept2010_mingw64.zip

The compiler used is TDM64 4.5.1, the recommended MinGW-w64
distribution.

I tested the 32bit binary and 64bit binary (eeprom in the example
directory) under my 64bit Windows 7 laptop and they both work fine.

--
Xiaofan