libftdi Archives

Subject: Trouble with TTL232R.

From: VDR User <user.vdr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 11:14:24 -0700
Hi.  I'm trying to get a TTL232R 5v cable working with lirc and so far
have been unable to do this and am trying to figure out if the problem
is in libftdi or lirc.  Is this cable known to be working in libftdi?
I've connected a TSOP1738 IR receiver to the TTL232R cable.  Using
lirc's irrecord, my remote control is not correctly detected and the
"raw mode" conf it creates does not work with 99%+ of the keypresses I
try.  Since the box this is on is an Nvidia ION-based htpc (32bit), I
can't use a serial IR (which works fine with the same remote control).

My lirc source is cvs from today and the only libftdi available to me
is from debian linux testing:

ii  libftdi-dev                                  0.18-1
       Development files for libftdi
ii  libftdi1                                     0.18-1
       Library to control and program the FTDI USB controller

I downloaded the git source of libftdi thinking there may be some
fixes since 0.18-1 in it but was unable to figure out how to compile
it in debian linux.  (I'm not a coder btw).  If anyone can help me at
least determine if the problem is libftdi or lirc I would greatly
appreciate it since that would give me a place to start.  The device
is detected as follows:

[    1.371890] usb 3-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0403, idProduct=6001
[    1.371898] usb 3-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[    1.371904] usb 3-2: Product: TTL232R
[    1.371909] usb 3-2: Manufacturer: FTDI
[    1.371914] usb 3-2: SerialNumber: FTF0GFZ7

I'm not sure what other infos may be useful.  Thanks for any/all help!

Best regards,
Derek