libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: problem with libftdi read zero bytes

From: "Michael Plante" <michael.plante@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:48:15 -0500
jose david hernandez mendia wrote:
>> Hi everyone I am ussing the libftdi library to access data from the USB
in
>> Ubuntu I have had no problems but there is a machine with Gentoo linux,
the
>>  network administrator installed the version 0.16 from the repository,
set
>> the permissons and I compiled the serial_read.c program that comes with
the
>>  examples and the function ftdi_read returned nothing in the buffer, 0
bytes,
>>  could you guide me where to look for a solution, I have read a lot of
pages
>> and forums but have had no solution for my problem.
>> thank you in advance for your reply

What version of libftdi is Ubuntu using?  Gentoo has 0.17 marked stable,
afaict.  0.18 is still masked.  Or you could get the latest git.  You really
haven't provided anywhere near enough information to troubleshoot your
problem, but you can always try different versions by compiling locally.

$ equery list -p libftdi
[ Searching for package 'libftdi' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
 * Portage tree (/usr/portage)
[-P-] [  ] dev-embedded/libftdi-0.17 (0)
[-P-] [M~] dev-embedded/libftdi-0.18 (0)
[-P-] [M ] dev-embedded/libftdi-9999 (0)
[-P-] [M ] dev-embedded/libftdi-9999.1.0 (0)
[-P-] [M~] dev-embedded/powersoftplus-libftdi-0.1.8-r1 (0)

Michael