libftdi Archives

Subject: problem with libftdi read zero bytes

From: jose david hernandez mendia <jodahm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:12:44 -0600
Hi everyone I am ussing the libftdi library to access data from the USB in Ubuntu I have had no problems but there is a machine with Gentoo linux, the network administrator installed the version 0.16 from the repository, set the permissons and I compiled the serial_read.c program that comes with the examples and the function ftdi_read returned nothing in the buffer, 0 bytes, could you guide me where to look for a solution, I have read a lot of pages and forums but have had no solution for my problem.
thank you in advance for your reply
Joe