libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FYI: libusb-win32 v1.2.0.0 released with signed driver

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 20:28:34 +0800
On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Thomas Jarosch
<thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nice one! I've added a link to the libftdi "links" section:
> http://www.intra2net.com/en/developer/libftdi/links.php

Thanks. The link added may be a bit confusing now.
Right now libusb-win32 and libusb are two separate
project.

There is a libusb-1.0 Windows backend efforts here:
http://www.libusb.org/wiki/windows_backend
Currently it only supports WinUSB and HID under Windows.
It is right now being slowly integrated into the main
libusb-1.0 git tree.

libusb-win32 is still using the old libusb-0.1 API as of now
(plus libusb-win32 specfic asynchronous API
including isochronous transfer support). The open
source kernel driver (libusb0.sys) is the main efforts
right now. In the future, libusb0.sys will be the
3rd Windows backend supported by libusb-1.0. We feel
the libusb-1.0 API is better than the old 0.1 API.
Actually there are already working codes for the integration
of libusb0.sys but it is not official yet.

Ref:
http://libusb.6.n5.nabble.com/FYI-libusb-win32-v1-2-0-0-released-with-signed-driver-td1044967.html

For libusb-win32 project, we bump up the version from 0.1.x.x
to 1.x.x.x primarily because of Microsoft requires driver version
to be above 1.0 in order to submit for WHQL testing.

So probably the link can be some thing like this.

libusb-win32: libusb for Windows

The you probably can add two more links.

http://www.libusb.org Home of libusb
http://www.libusb.org/wiki/windows_backend libusb-1.0 Windows backend

--
Xiaofan http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/