libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi-1.0: Fixing up build on Mac OS X

From: Emmanuel Blot <eblot.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 23:09:21 +0200
>> I guess it could be improved to build a universal binary, but I never
>> tried building one with CMake.
> Luckily there's a cmake FAQ for this:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#How_do_I_build_universal_binaries_on_Mac_OS_X.3F

I gave a try, but I eventually came to the conclusion it may bring
more build issues, as other libraries (such as libusb dependency)
should also be built with the same set of targets - otherwise the
overall build would fail.
As long as libftdi is not distributed as a pre-packaged binary, I
think it is safer to build for a single target.

>> > Does this also work if we move the
>> > "+include_directories(${Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS})" part
>> > to the Boost specific code in ftdipp/CMakeLists.txt?

Done, along with some other changes:
  https://gist.github.com/d87e3ab79b3421587a13
I've fixed several build issues, see the commit message.

> Do you want this to be part of 0.18?
It would be nice.
I did not check whether it could cause a build issue on some Linux hosts.

I've also fixed the warning messages due to the 64-bit integer print out, see:
  https://gist.github.com/fd7e926a518ce8cbbc31
I guess a better fix should be done for compilers/environments where
64-bit integers are not expressed as "long long integers"