libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi-1.0: Fixing up build on Mac OS X

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:58:49 +0200
Hello Manu,

On Friday, 11. June 2010 00:40:57 Emmanuel Blot wrote:
> Here is the patch I use to build libftdi-1.0 on Mac OS X, using CMake
>
> https://gist.github.com/701ce5c2ca90bd3ecae7
>
> Basically:
>  * it removes the x86_64 library naming (which is useful for Linux but
> make less sense on Darwin platforms)

Ok with that. How does Darwin handle 64-bit? Is Apple still using
"universal binaries" like the used to
when they supported different processors?

>  * it adds a missing dependency: Boost, which may not be found in the
> default include header paths, depending on the installation

Boost is only needed by the C++ wrapper.

Does this also work if we move the
"+include_directories(${Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS})" part
to the Boost specific code in ftdipp/CMakeLists.txt?

> Note:
>  * the uppercase/lowercase CMake keywords are a bit awkward in the
> current CMakeLists.txt file (e.g. IF /ELSE/endif)

Never noticed that :) I guess the basic skeleton
is collected from various cmake examples (using different styles).

>  * libftdi 0.18 could probably benefit from a similar fix

Ok, should be easy to do.