libftdi Archives

Subject: Problem with ftdi_eepprom 0.3 and FT2232H

From: Steffen Mauch <steffen.mauch@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 00:01:20 +0100
Hi,

I tried to change the manufactor and product string of FT2232h.
I used ftdi_eeprom to do it and something went wrong.

Now the FT2232h doesn't enumerate. I disabled the eeprom and now it is working again.
How could I fix the wrong eeprom?

I thought that if I boot the FT2232h without eeprom and enable it after enumeration then I should be able to program it again. I tried FT-Prog, but I got an error, vendor id or product id are not allowed to be zero.
But I tried to erase the device.

ftdi_eeprom says that it could write. But I have he feeling that something goes wrong during programming the eeprom.
If I read back the eeprom, it looks as the attached eeprom.new.

Has anyone programmed an FT2232H device with ftdi_eeprom?
So does it really work?

How could I repair my wrong eeprom?

Thanks.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Steffen Mauch

-------------------------
cand. B.Sc. Steffen Mauch

Digital Communications & Signal Processing Lab
Fakultät Computer & Electrical Engineering

Hochschule Furtwangen University
Robert-Gerwig-Platz 1
78120 Furtwangen

Tel    +49 (0)7723 920 2342