libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: writing to FT245R

From: "Michael Plante" <michael.plante@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 18:50:42 -0600
Howard Coven wrote:

>> As far as i know, I am doing anything to enable RD#  ,
>> do i need to do this?

If it worked with d2xx, then I wouldn't necessarily change anything on the
device side.  I just pulled that from glancing at the pin descriptions; I
have not used the FIFO-mode FTDI stuff before.  I'm not sure what else to
say at this point.  You might see if usbmon shows it going out, as I have
heard suggested on the libusb mailing list before (search the archives; I've
not used usbmon before).

>> btw, the reason i'm trying to use the libftdi library rather than
libftd2xx.so  is so
>> i can try to compile the code for a Gumstix processor .

But this initial attempt is ordinary x86 stuff, right?

Michael