libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: writing to FT245R

From: Howard Coven <hcoven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi developer <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 16:42:15 -0800
Michael, yes, i'm trusting the firmware on the chip connected to the FT245R to report accurately whether or
 not it's receiving data
and yes , it has worked before.
Before i was using the D2XXX library to talk to the device ,
As far as i know, I am doing anything to enable RD#  ,
do i need to do this?
i don't have direct access to the chip, as it is embedded in device.

Also, i tried writing twice as per Alex's suggestion , and this didn't help

-Howard

btw, the reason i'm trying to use the libftdi library rather than libftd2xx.so  is so
i can try to compile the code for a Gumstix processor .

thanks...