libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FT2232H/MPSSE/JTAG Device Freeze

From: Clifford Wolf <clifford@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 20:07:15 +0200
Hello,

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 07:29:15AM -0400, George Boudreau wrote:
>> turned out to be something like that. It works fine on a different
>> computer with a different cable. I haven't further investigated the
>> issue so I can't tell if it was the usb interface on my pc or the
>> cabeling..
>
> I have an early mini-module and experience the same failure with
> different cables. I have never had any issues with the interface (that
> I am aware of)
> bash-3.2$ ./jtag-ft2232h  -c
> [***] my_ftdi_read_data gives up polling.
> IO Error: FTDI/USB read failed!
> [***] my_ftdi_read_data gives up polling.
> IO Error: FTDI/USB read failed!
> Error while scanning JTAG chain.

yes. this is the problem I've been talking about..

to bad - I was hoping that it would have been an isolated problem with my
setup..

does it work fine for the first program invocation and fails on consecutive
program invocations?

what USB controller are you using? (lspci should give you that information)
does it work with a different controler as it has done for me?

unfortunately I'm out of office for over a week now and won't have access
to the test hardware. so I can't investigate the issue any further until
then..

yours,
 - clifford

--
Some languages are designed to solve a problem. Others are designed to
prove a point.