libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FT2232H/MPSSE/JTAG Device Freeze

From: Matthias Janke <janke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 17:00:55 +0200
> The only problem: Sometimes the FTDI chip does not send any data when
> it should send something - causing my application to freeze. In this
> situations it seams like the chip ignores all the data I send to it.
>
> Usually this happens when I invoke my tool a 2nd time after it has
> been finished with the first call. Which brought me to the theory
> that something is wrong with my setup/cleanup procedures...
>
> The only way to make it working again is to disconnect and reconnect
> the device...

 I have similar problems in serial mode with a FT232R. To reset the
 device without repluging it I used the code from here:
 http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb-users&m=116827193506484&w=2
 Another option to reenable the device without reset is to open
 and close the device with FTDIs D2XX driver. I tried to dig into it
 with usbmon and wireshark, but they never returned any send data, so I
 gave up.
 HTH

 Matthias