libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: About FT2232

From: "Michael Plante" <michael.plante@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 08:45:16 -0500
>> We have no experience using it under windows.

I can't speak for the "H" part, but the "FT2232D" part works just fine under
Win32 with MSVC.  I also built the same libftdi source for Linux with gcc.
I use direct/UART mode ("direct" meaning *not* VCP), as well as MPSSE/SPI
mode.  My team will likely move to the "H" part in a few months, so I'll
know more then.  One caveat is that Device Manager likes to give the device
to d2xx, and it takes some coaxing to make it take libusb-win32 (I sometimes
have to "update driver" a second time after the first unplug/replug...but
not always).

Michael