libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: About FT2232

From: "Gerd v. Egidy" <gerd.von.egidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Qiang Wang <rurality.wq@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:30:49 +0200
Hi wangqiang,

> I am using the ft2232 library on windows which is  provided by FTDI.
> My question is that is libftdi support the windows.

FTDI provides the D2XX drivers for windows and they support the FT2232H.
libftdi is developed to work under linux. We have no experience using it under
windows.

Another user, Uwe Bonnes, tried to use libftdi under windows some time ago
using mingw. But I don't know if he is still using it and if there were any
problems.

> I will use the FT2232H chip, so have the libftdi support this new chip?

The FT2232H is supported in current libftdi releases.

Kind regards,

Gerd