libftdi Archives

Subject: Status of async mode

From: Daryl Lee <daryl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Libftdi List <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:35:28 -0600
I am trying to use libftdi in async mode, and have a question about the
status of it, before I spend too much time wandering through the weeds.

Questions:
1.  Is it well-tested?
2.  Is it known to work when the device is opened with ftdi_usb_open_desc?

Reason for asking:
I'm getting a crash in ftdi_async_complete any time I call it, directly or
indirectly, as in ftdi_usb_close().  The value of ftdi->usb_dev->fd looks
really odd.  I expected something file-descriptor-ish, as a small integer.
I have a very large integer (134607408).  Right now, I'm looking for the
place where that value gets set, but I thought I'd take a moment to ask for
other eyes.  The crash occurs on the call to FD_SET from inside
_usb_async_cleanup, and the documentation on FD_SET makes it look like it
wants a normal file descriptor.

--
Daryl Lee
www.daryllee.com