libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: Release 0.15 and the ft2232 data loss.

From: "David Challis" <dchallis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:08:35 -0700
Matthias,

We don't run XON/XOFF flow control, as our data stream are binary. That's
why I tried rts/cts and dtr/dsr.

In our case the data loss is inconsistent, that is, it is not the same
character every time and looses several characters each time.  Therefore I
don't think this is the library filtering certain characters.

(off topic)
I'd hate to have to switch back to the ftdi supplied D2XX drivers, but that
may be the only solution.  The readme for those drivers mention an required
bus reset on device insertion, cause an interruption of data to other
devices.  Do you know if this corrupts the data transfer, or just delays it
somewhat?

Thanks.

Dave